Saturday, May 29, 2010

Jeff Daniels, William Shakespeare, and Ringo Starr

I got a whole list of shows for the next year or so at the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts. It looks like they're going to be doing all sorts of interesting things in the next year. Jeff Daniels is coming in October. I 've heard such good things about Escanaba in da Moonlight, I'm curious as to what a one-man show would be like. In January, Romeo and Juliet will come. I actually don't like this play that much; if I'm going to see something of Shakespeare's, I would rather see Hamlet or MacBeth, my favorite, but I keep hoping, every time I see a Romeo and Juliet, that someone will change my mind about it. They're also doing a rendition of The Secret Life of Bees, which intrigues me because I knew there was a movie version, but I was unaware there was a stage version. And next May, the Macomb Symphony Orchestra is doing The Beatles Revisted. Like just about everyone, I love the Beatles, and would love to see exactly what they mean by "revisited." It's hardly as if they've gone out of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment