Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Couple of Favorites from the MET

I recently went over to the MET to see some great art, and I thought I would share some of them with you.

This is a statue of Saint Stephen, considered the first martyr.

The friends I was with insisted on seeing the musical instrument exhibit, which I have to admit, was pretty cool. As a little girl, harp was my favorite instrument.

I fell in love with this painting when I was a little girl. It's a depiction of Joan of Arc, in the garden at her parents' home hearing the saints, who instruct her to fight for France. I was totally sidelined to see this painting at the MET. I was just walking by with my friends, and there it was. It was way bigger than I imagined it would be. It's even more magical in real life.

This painting looks more like a photograph in real life than an actual painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment