Thursday, July 8, 2010

Imagine This

When ever I've had a computer for a few years, inevitably something gets lost on in my documents files.  Sometimes when I find it again, I am gently surprised by something. 
I fished out a small set of poems I wrote when I was a freshman at Michigan State.  I believe I may have fooled around with editing them my sophomore year, but I think they do a much better job at representing that first year than the second.  There were three poems.  Two of them were okay, but the third one was a wonderful little piece of imagist work.  Even though I knew who William Carlos Williams was, my high school teachers had never gotten around to discussing the imagist movement of poetry, and I had sort of stumbled upon writing one while in college.  When I showed this poem to a professor, that's the first thing she commented on.  She was right, but I don't think I really understood how.
I'm kind of proud of this little piece I had forgotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment