Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let Me Link You Guys Up

I've been spending a lot of time on the Poetry Foundation's website.  It's a very cool place to be, but I find myself with one quibble: not enough links on the poet biographies.  The poet biographies are great and contain all the important and most interesting facts about particular poets.  The problem is that the biographies frequently reference individual poems, which, despite the Foundation having on their site, are not simply linked.  I hate to say it, but in this day and age, people are lazy.  If it isn't linked right in an article, a lot of people aren't going to go looking for whatever, even though it's often as simple as copying and pasting and then putting it through a search engine. 
As far as I can tell, the Poetry Foundation doesn't have internships, which is really too bad, because I would totally offer to fix this problem for them.  I taught myself basic HTML coding about ten yeas ago.  Making links is one of the easiest things to do, something I practice here on Blogger.  (Though I don't really have to because the website sets it up so that you don't have to use HTML, I like doing things old school.)  The best part about an internship like this is that I wouldn't necessarily have to travel to Chicago, if I had access to their website, I could just do it from any old computer with an Internet connection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment