Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The King's Speech



It's almost Oscar time. I didn't really get out to the cinema during "Oscar season," so I actually haven't seen most of the movies out there.
But I am intrigued by The King's Speech, because I am a history nerd. I get the feeling that this film idealizes the royal family, which is too sad because most royals are not good people (and some of them, like say, the King's brother, supported Nazis.)
This is a video from the SAG Awards, which are important because they are meant to help critics gage who is going to win the Oscar. The three main actors speak about the movie and their recent win.
As a side note, I'm on the fence about the dress Helena Bonham Carter is wearing. I like it, but it says more late spring partner dancing then awards ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment